Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nephrologist, Urologists, and Radiologists Oh My!!!

I swear all that we do now is go to the Dr. I went to the Nephrologist on June 2nd and found out that my right kidney does not work. So when I was in the hospital I was in kidney failure since the other one was blocked by the stone. I am doing fine since my left kidney is now stone free, I just have to do a few test to figure out why I make stone and try to avoid it. Liam had his bladder and kidneys scanned on June 4th and they are doing great!! We did find out through talking with his Urologist that they made his Urethra and there for it is not a "true" Urethra. So, when he is around 4 they will go in and place like a permanent catheter that has a valve on the end. So when he needs to empty his bladder he will just open the valve. I think that will be more convenient for him rather than having to self cath every time as we thought. On June 8th Liam had his back scanned. We found that he has Spina Bifida and will need spinal surgery to repair this. Spinal Bifida is a failure of the vertebraes to close around the spinal cord. We see the Neurologist on July 13th to find out more of what to expect and long term issues from this. I still believe that he will walk, it just might take him a bit to get there. Other than that Liam has turned 5 months old and I can't imagine life without him! He is such a great baby and loves to watch Avery and Linc when they sing to him. All he does is smile and slobber!



7 comments:

Deanne said...

He looks like such a happy little guy. What a great smile!

Littleshortstacks said...

Linzie, you are such a trooper! And that Liam, she is such a sweetie!

Momma Nielson said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie bug! Also if they have some good stone prevention advice for you let me know what it is. I always have that nagging fear of a recurrence. --Linda Nielson

Deanne said...

The first time I looked at this post, I only checked out the pictures. Now I actually read it...You poor thing! Hang in there. At least you have Liam's smile to brighten your day!

Siri said...

Linzie, I am so sorry to hear about your kidney problem. I hope you get everything figured out. You are amazing for all the you have done!
Can Liam seriously get any cuter? His smile makes me melt. What a cutie pie.

burton family said...

sheesh linzie! He looks so great, and I love that he is kicking his little legs in the video that's a good sign:)

Em said...

those are some very kissable baby lips. what a cutie! i'm happy he's home and doing so well and i'm glad to hear your feeling better, sorry you went throught such a stinky time with stones. sheesh!