Friday, May 22, 2009

A Good Day

I have to say that I am pretty impressed with myself this week in keeping our blog up to date. It's amazing what you can acomplish when you feel well!!! On Wednsday Liam went to see Liams Orthopedic Surgeon for a follow up to see how his hips were holding together. Liam is so cute. As I handed him over to the girl he just smiled at her. She laid him down and got him into position, I thought for sure he was going to start crying. He didn't cry until they hit the button to take the xray and it made a little beep noise. So not the cold table, dark room, strangers with weird drapes on, or people pulling on his little legs, but the little short beep noise. He is honestly the sweetest thing ever!!!! Anyway, his hips have pulled apart a little bit, but they said they expected that and that it was fine. He will just have wider hips. His joints were in their sockets and everything else looked great. They said, depending on how the MRI goes on his spine, that with their part he should walk and run and play what ever he wants as he gets older!!!!! He will need physical therapy in the future, but we expected that. We go in for the MRI on June 8th so everyone keep your fingers crossed that his little spine will be ok and if not that it will be minor.

Jared is doing his primary care rotation and I have to say that I LOVE it!!!! He is home ALL the time. He had the day off Wednsday so after Liams appointment we picked up the kids and went to the zoo for a bit.

The kids love running through the mister and getting all wet. I don't blame them because it was a pretty hot day.



I love watching my kids look at things. I allways wonder what they are thinking about. So after Avery watched this Elephant for a while I asked her what she was thinking about. She said, " Well, I think he would be fun to ride and um I wish I had some peanuts he could suck off my hands." I love this kid!!!


More fun at the zoo.








6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! You are doing so good this week on blogging. I am so happy to hear good news about Liam! I hope the next MRI is good. I wish you could come home and we all could go to the zoo together....one day! Love you

Widdisons said...

That is good news about Liam, We hope everything goes well too. I was excited to read your blog until i got to the american idol part, we didn't like Adam much at all. He kinda screams too much for us. So you can buy all the Adam albums you want. Keep in touch you all will need to come and visit and see little Kara!!

burton family said...

You guys make such cute kids:)

Unknown said...

I asked Anita how your famiy, and the baby were doing, and she told me to check out ur blog.....It made me cry, you are such a beautiful person. Little Liam had to work so hard to dangle his toes into this world, what a great kid. It sounds like your other two kiddos have helped out so much. Kuddos for Jared, Liam is going to put him to the test. We never know what God has planned for us, but he only uses the best people for the task at hand. I think of you often. Love always Mama Pearl

The Pack's said...

I am so glad to hear that Liam is doing so well. I hope that everything continues to go well. He is so cute and looks so much like Jared...Especially in the picture you posted of the two of them. We love you all and continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Meg said...

Linzie- Seeing you (and your cute blog) just made my day!!!! I have been missing you. Your bro-in-law Mike keeps me up to speed a little on you guys, but Im glad I found your blog. You are such a good Mom! Take care. We have a blog too: benandthemeglet.blogspot.com
Megan Wallace