Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Past Few Months

Sorry for such a long gap between updates, but things have been anything but boring around here. Ill try to catch you all up. On March 11th Liam came home. We were all soooo excited to bring him home. My Aunt Anita was here with us and thank goodness for that. She was such a help and we miss her more than she knows. Anita with Ave and Liam at Childrens Hospital the day she got here. Liam has the most kissable cheeks! The day Liam came home was such a long one. There was so much I had to learn and do before they would let me take him home. The day before I had to bring in his car seat so they could put him in it for a while to make sure his vitals wouldn't go crazy and he would stop breathing. He passed, thank goodness. I also had to fill all his medicines and bring them in so they could make sure I new how much and when to give them all to him. I had to pass off on infant CPR. I had to take out Liam feeding tube and then put it back in since he was coming home with it (not fun for either of us). I also had to be checked off on changing is ostomy bags. Our case worker had to get us started on all of his follow up appointment with all of his many amzing Dr's that worked on him. Finally the time came for us to unhook him!!! This was pretty emotional for me. Every time I would hold him I couldn't cuddle with him as much as I wanted or go very far from his crib because he had so many "bells and whistles" hooked up to him. The white patch one his chest is where they removed the Broviac. He had a few stitches and now just two little scars from it. Liam in his carseat in the van. The look on his face kills me! The kids were soooo excited to have him home. They wouldn't leave him alone for a second. Avery LOVES to sing to him and Linc has to help with anything and everything. Liam loves to watch these two crazy kids. If Liam makes a sound of any kind, Avery starts singing (it honestly puts him to sleep) and Linc keeps yelling, "mom, Liams crying" until I come into the room. Here are some cute picture of Liam's first little bit at home. Liam had the feeding tube because he lost the "suck, swallow, and breath" instinct that babys have when they are born since he was IV fed for so long. He was eating from a bottle and nursed good, but he still needed the tube. His little tummy could only take about an ounce or two at a time. So he did not sleep very good at all for a long time. One morning Avery had preschool and my amazing friend Heather had come to pick her up. When I came back in the house Liam had pulled his feeding tube out and had the biggest grin on his face!!! He was so proud on himself. I took it off and left it off for the rest of the day since he was starting to eat a little better. I had to put it back in when Jared came home and I cried the whole time I had to do it. He sneezed and coughed and gagged for about 5 min. after I finished so I told Jared I was just going to take it out and leave it out. Liam had an appointment with his pediatrition in 3 days and if he was gaining weight I was going to see if we could just be done with the tube. Thank goodness he was and we said good bye forever to the tube!!! Around March 20 something Julie, my sweet mother in law, came to take the kids to Disney World for a week with all their cousins and Papa. They were soooo excited. During this time I woke up on night with the worst lower left pain I had ever felt!! I finally woke Jared up and it kept getting worse and worse until I was throwing up and could hardly stand. Honestly I thought I was going to die! We went to the ER where they finally put me on some good pain meds and sent me for a CT scan. They sent me home the next day and said I had a bad Kidney infection. Sweet Jared and Liam sat in the ER with me the whole time I was there. I was so glad the kids were not here for all the fun. Well, the kids and Julie came back on Jareds 29th birthday so we had a little celebration! So then about a week later I woke up in the middle of the night with the same pain!!! I woke Jared up and told him it was back and that he should stay home with all the kids and I'll drive myself to the ER since the pain wasn't unbearable yet. Long story short they did the same thing as last time and then sent me home. I went to see my primary care dr. and he just said if the pain returns then to go back to the ER. Well the pain came back of course and I was stuck at home with Liam. Thank goodness I had friends watching the other two kids. When Jared came home we went back to the ER and they admitted me this time with Kidney stones. Poor Jared had missed so much school because me. My mom and grandma flew in the next night to help out with the kids since was in the hospital and Jared couldn't miss any more school. I was so thankful they were there since I ended up in the hospital for four days. They placed a stint in my left side and it was there for a long painful month. So Liam is the happiest baby ever!!!! Here he is with my mom laughing.
We had such a great Easter!!! All the Easter Egg hunts and stories of long ago. We had our own little hunt here in the court yard behind us. Jared hid all the eggs and then let the kids loose! They had soooo much fun. They came back in the house and had to show Liam their baskets. This kid already has so much personality and keeps us smiling every day. So one night Lincoln comes down stairs after we had put them all to bed and says, "Look mom, I'm handsome!" I had to turn my head because I was laughing so hard, he was so dead serious. He is so stinken cute. Avery joined him as soon as she knew we weren't too mad :0) So last week was Jareds spring break. We were soooo ready for a vacation!! We went to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina with some of our friends. We had a condo right on the beach and it was sooooo much fun. I was so sad to see the week end! Ave and I would get up and walk the beach for sea shells and Jared would fly the kite with Linc. I want to go back.









Linc loves flying the kite and how cute is Liam in his beach chair!




They had a great outlet mall so I was able to get the kids some matching outfits. It was sooo much fun to get matching stuff for the boys! On our drive home we stopped at my Aunt kathy's house in North Carolina for the night and took some pictures. I am so lucky to have the family I have. Thanks kathy!!!!!











We love you and miss you and your flat screen in your amazing bathroom!!!

14 comments:

RSP said...

Your pictures look awesome! It seems like the hard part is behind you. I hope you are enjoying every minute. Liam looks so dang cute! I can't believe how big he looks already. It was good to talk to you yesterday:)

Deanne said...

Linz, you are an amazing woman! I'm so happy that Liam is home now. He is so stinkin' cute and I love his chubby cheeks and big smile!

Your pictures are great and I especially like the one of all of you sitting on the steps outside. What a beautiful family pic!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

I am so happy to hear an update. I told sean to call and see how life is going. I am happy to hear that everything is great!
I am so sorry you had kidney stones! Yuck...you are amazing!

Laura said...

It sounds like you guys have been very busy! I'm glad Liam is doing so well. He has sure been through a lot, he's quite the little trooper. Sorry to hear about your Kidney problems, you have a great family to be willing and able to help out at a moments notice!
Your kids are so cute, especially the cute little stories of how they are with Liam! Priceless!

Littleshortstacks said...

Linzie, you are quite the woman! Little Liam is the luckiest little boy around. God couldn't have given him parents more perfect for him. I read about your adventures and marvel in your courage and strength.
I'm thrilled to see Liam at home, without the feeding tube and happy as can be. He really is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!
I hope the kidney stones have passed for good and that you guys don't have to see the inside of a hospital for quite some time!
We miss you guys! I wish I could have been there to help out these last several months.

burton family said...

Linz, I'm so glad that you are feeling better. What a fun trip! I bet it felt sooooo nice to have a break for a bit.

DaveandAnnie said...

Awwwwwww! I miss you guys so much! It's like I'm homesick for ya. The pic of Linc with a scribbled belly button kills me LOL! We'll have to plan to come out again soon. Dave's way busy so I want to just come out with the kids.

You look great by the way. Love ya!

Elise said...

Liam is adorable! I love his wavy hair! You are so amazing! I am in awe of the strength you must have. Thanks for the update!

The Pack's said...

Linz - Thanks for the update! I am so glad to see Liam is doing so well. You all look great. I love your family pictures that you posted...and look at that hair that Liam has. I especially love all the curls. So cute!

Ryan and Shalee said...

Wahoo I love the post. I think you need to update a ton because that's the only way I get to see my niece and nephews. It looks like you are all doing well and having so much fun! Love ya and miss ya tons. I wish I had money to fly out there and play.

sloan said...

Wow Linz,
lots of things going on in your little family!
Little LIam is sooooooooooooooo
cute! He is really really cute!
I want to give him a kiss on his cheeks! and linc and avery are so sweet and how cute are they???? so adorable!

Valerie said...

Cute family photos. I'm glad you guys all had a great time on spring break. We're sad we missed it.

Ashby said...

It was so fun to catch up with your life! I was just thinking about you yesterday! It's been forever since we've talked. I'm coming back to Virginia in a few weeks and I'd love to see you and to meet Liam. We need to talk soon!

Meg said...

Linz-
I hope I can be a Mom like you. Im serious! You are so beautiful and the love you have for your children shines in each picture. What a great family!