Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Girl And A Party

So last night Avery had her birthday party. She had 9 friends come over for a "late over." So from 5:30 to 8 Jared and I had 10 girls and two boys on our hands! Ave wanted a Hello Kitty party so off to the party store we went. An hour later we were home with a ton of balloons, decorations, treat bag goodies, and cake and ice cream. Since the party didn't start till 5:30 Avery was asking every 30 min. when her friends were going to be here, she was sooooo excited. So to keep her hands busy she played with some of her balloons while she waited. It was finally 5:30 and her friends started to show up. Everybody came in their pajamas since it was a late over. Jared went and got pizza so we could feed these hungry little monkeys! After that we played one of Avery's favorite games, freeze dance! They were so cute dancing all over the place.
Freeze Dance Video


Next it was time for cake and ice cream!







Next we were off playing "Stick the flower on the Hello Kitty poster." It was so funny to watch these girls talk about how they were going to remember where the "spot" was to stick their flower!





Time for presents! I don't know who was more excited, Avery, or the girls watching! They were all so cute!!!






Liam was not sure about the party hat, he kept tying to look up at it!



For the last half hour they all watched Thumbalina and I made caramel corn. I hope they all had fun because I know my kids did! They were all so cute, I can only hope that Avery will have such amazing friends where ever we go next!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVE!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

What a fun party! You are such a great mama! Colton was so entertained by their dancing in the video. He kept asking for more, more, more and applauding them for their great performance.

Deanne said...

It was a great party! I'm glad to see Sophie smiling in the pictures. =)

Great pics from the new camera too!

DaveandAnnie said...

The pictures of Lincoln are priceless. Makes me miss you guys even more.

burton family said...

I can't believe how old your kids have gotten. I remember that Linc was younger than Liam when we first met...Crazy!

Ryan and Shalee said...

That is so funny. I can't wait to have those kind of partiesÜ Give me about 3-4 yearsÜ

Ashby said...

What a fun party! I love the idea of having them wear pajamas! So cute! Dang, we miss you guys so much!