Wednesday, February 8, 2012

November 2011

November came and went so very fast. Raschell, Jared's cousin, came and spent almost two weeks with us. We love having her, even if that means Tyson has to come too ;0).  I didn't get a ton of pictures this month, but I'm famous for that when there is a holiday involved. 

November 16th
My little sleeping man♥


November 19th
Avery's first dance performance. My mom flew in to Austin and then drove down to watch Ave. She was so excited and nervous all at the same time. This was here first year dancing and she started out twice a week doing Ballet, Tap, Jazz, and Hip Hop. She did not like Hip Hop which was combined with tap (which she loved) so half way through I was tired of the complaining so I let her drop that class. She was performing a Jazz routine today, and it was so cute!

Tyson trying to get the kids all excited in thinking they were going to bring a puppy home with them.


After being at the dance festival for over an hour the people finally found out that they had given us the wrong dance time and it was not 12:20 when she danced, but almost 4:30! We were not happy, but what do you do?  I'll tell you what you do, you go to Rudy's and eat amazing Texas BBQ till you can't move and pass out in a sweet meat comma is what you do!





It was finally time for Ave to dance, she was outstanding! I was so proud of her and she did such an amazing job with the routine!




November 22nd
Lincoln made his sweet Indian headband at school and was so proud of it! Ave, being my little crafter, made one for herself to match. I love these kids so very much!



November 24th Thanksgiving
I have to say this was by far the "yummiest" Thanksgivings I have been to in a long time! It was so nice to have family here, I miss that.  Tyson made thee most amazing stuffing that I have ever tasted in my whole entire life! He is a great cook, messy, but great. I loved cooking with him! Raschell was in charge of the cheese platter, delish! We had our friends and neighbors the Langston's, and Molly over to celebrate. I think we all ate until we could no longer even look at food.......for a few hours. Sad to say I only got like 2 pictures? I know I took more, but I have no idea where they went? 



We had so much fun with Tyson and Raschell. We were also able to sneak in a visit with Mimi, another cousin of Jared's, and her family. That was such a great night with them. We did so much, went to the Salt Lick in Austin with Uncle Brian, Tyson, Raschell, and us only to fall into yet another delicious meat comma! Black Friday shopping with Raschell, thanks again I had a blast and got some girl time!


November 30th
It was time for Liam's 6 month VCUG scan and ultrasound to check on his kidneys. First the ultrasound which takes forever due to him having a pelvic kidney and a lot of scar tissue and other things. After that was done we headed over to another room for the VCUG scan. I hate this scan, it is so uncomfortable for Liam and frankly no mother likes to watch their child crying in pain and scared to death :(  He was so nervous as he is whenever we go to the Dr. and I don't blame him. I couldn't stay in the room with him while they did the scan, but could watch from the next room, pure torture! When all was done they looked at the results and nothing had changed (damage to the kidneys), thank goodness! We got dressed and headed up a couple of floors to see his Urologist. We were excited to hear that because there was no change we now only have to do this once a year, woo hoo!

A little later we received Liam's new hernia support belt in the mail and all I can say is WOW has it helped this little boy so much! I am always talking to companies about ostomy items and new products to help Liam with his little body. I can't thank the lady at Holister* for sending me to Nue Hope for a custom belt. He no longer has pain from pressure, his mid-section is smaller since it also helps hold his belly in, and it helps keep his colostomy bag on twice as long which also cuts down some cost for us! We ♥ this belt, just wish our insurance would pay for it :(





November 30th
That day Jared was on call, of course, but the kids and I decided to put up the Christmas tree! To anyone else it's not much to look at, the ornaments are mostly hand made or cracked, but to us it is full of memories and stories! Let the Season begin!







November was great. The kids are doing great in school and Liam is as cute as ever! Jared is busy, but almost half way done....finally!  The kids are so excited for Christmas this year. They make the Holidays amazing, thank you my 3 monkeys♥





0 comments: