Saturday, April 14, 2012

December 2011

December is here and with that came the beginning of morning sickness :(.  Yes, we are expecting baby #4 on August 6th and couldn't be more excited! Of course we are nervous after having our sweet Liam and that is why there will be a 3 1/2 year gap between the two, but we prayed and talked a lot about it and feel we are making the right decision. We told the kids and they were VERY excited to say the least. I don't think I was in ONE picture this month, but for those of you who know me will know how incredibly sick I get. Thank goodness this is the last one♥

December 3rd
Each December we have an advent calendar which I place a treasure hunt in with something fun at the end. The kids LOVE it and look forward to it every year. This year was no exception. Here they are coloring their craft they found.




December 5th
Time to decorate the ginger bread house! Who doesn't like a sweet house covered with gobs of royal icing with candy stuck all over it?! 


Liam cheering Avery on, love this kid♥








Cutest 3 kids in the world!


In our house we eat our "candy house" as soon as the last piece is stuck on. They love it, and why not?


I think Avery looks exactly like her Aunt Susan in this picture!


Poor Jared, his usual position. At least he fell asleep watching the kids.


One 2 year old on a serious sugar high!


December 16th
It was time for the kids to have their Christmas parties. I still wasn't too sick yet so I was able to help out and be there. It was a little crazy trying to run back and forth to each class, but I did it. I love being able to spend time with my kids in their class rooms, watching them interact with all their friends. Avery is so quiet and sweet, she is such a doll. Her class had yummy things to eat, games, crafts and then they all brought a book to donate for the gift exchange. I thought that was awesome and teaches the kids to think of others in need. She had so much fun, I love this girl♥







Lincolns class went all out for their party, seriously though it was a bit much. There was so much food they could have fed a small country, plus GIANT stocking with their names embroidered on them full of gifts! Each Child had to bring 22 gifts, all the same thing so everyone got one. Excessive, I think so.


Linc walking into the class, love him♥














After the class picture in came yes you guessed it Santa Clause! The kids went crazy, it was so cute!




Whenever my son poses for pictures you can bet he is going to have an awesome facial expression!






After both their parties I took them home early with me, they were so excited to tell one another about their party and what they did. Even though Linc's was way over the top, I have to admit the kids had the best time! We drove home with big smiles and excited little bodies to begin their Christmas break♥

December 24th
By this time I was not feeling well at all and of course Jared would be on call Christmas Eve. We still carried on with all of our Christmas traditions, but he was missed so much. I hope we never have to spend it without him again. 
Here are the kids making cookies for Santa. I usually make them from scratch, but being nauseated and exhausted I just bought premade dough and frosting and let them go to town!


I

I think there is some cookie under all the sprinkles ♥



Reindeer food





MMMMM Santa was so excited to eat these little babies!


After I FINALLY got the kids to bed and waited for them to fall asleep, it was time to get to work.  By about 1:30 a.m. Santa stopped wrapping and just set stuff out. 


Jared came home the next morning around 7:45ish I think and the kids were up around 8 :30. They were so excited they could hardly stand it! I absolutely LOVE the Holidays with kids!
We always do our stocking first, my personal favorite.






Lindt chocolate and Bubble tape Heck yes!!!



Jared enjoying his Diet coke first think in the morning.......GAG!!




Linc's Sweet Y.M.C.A. outfit from Grandma and Papa, complete with rainbow suspenders! 


Avery getting a lot of cooking stuff and being very excited about it ♥







I could just pinch those sweet cheeks!




The double light saber, he had been asking for this for two years now! Thank Nana for making it happen!



Liam has finally discovered cars! He loves them and plays with them ALL the time. Linc never really liked them so I am pretty excited that Liam does. I have some very fond memories of my brothers and all their "cars".



Christmas was fun and the kids were overjoyed. I was spent and layed on the couch asking Jared to take me out back and just shoot me now for the rest of the day. I was sooo sick, not fun :(

December 26th

The kids got a card board play house that they could color and then put together. Since my kids LOVE to color they were in Heaven!




December 31st
Jared was on call for Liam's Birthday this year so we waited till the next day to celebrate. I can't believe he is 3, it blows my mind! I can't imagine our life without him♥  I also turned 33 this day, getting so old!

Liam had a ring pop and I needed to give him a bath. He was not giving it up so what the heck, it's his birthday!





One of my most favorite things about this little man is his bum! With the syndrome that he was born with his little bum crack is barely there and with his hips being so wide and turned out he looks like a little cute froggy!


Liam's favorite color is blue! He has to have blue everything if it is available. So when I went to order his cupcakes I told them that I wanted them all to be very blue.............and they were!



Liam sporting a blue Hitler stash!






They had put soooo much food coloring in the frosting that the kids skin stained blue! It even stained the kitchen table! I thought for sure the next day they were all going to poop blue!!!




Nothing like finishing out the day with a huge bowl of your favorite cereal, Cherios.


No, there are no pictures of me because I was a lovely shade of Green and thought I would spare you all the look of death.  December was amazing and I loved spending so much time with my kids and Jared (when he was home). I miss them when they are at school and work♥

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

So excited that you are expecting a little girl in August! I hope you are feeling better! On a side note Cory has to have his morning Cola too, gross :-)

Mimi said...

So funny! I am working on finishing December today too and am not deathly ill so have no excuse. I've always thought Avery looked like Susan. And Lincoln's school stocking - woah! Glad you made it through Christmas and hope you are feeling a bit better. We will be out of town when the baby comes but maybe we can make a trip up and kidnap your kids right before school starts.