Thursday, September 18, 2008

22 Week Belly And Baby Update



As you can see all looks normal on the outside:) Avery loves to pat my belly and give the baby a kiss, she is so sweet.....when she wants to be:)

I had the level 2 ultra sound done last Thursday and the good news is that the amnio came back normal! So this is not a genetic issue, just one of those things that happens. They were also able to find his other kidney, it was down in his little pelvis. They couldn't hardly see it but they know that something is wrong with it but they wont know until he is here. The other kidney is still sightly larger than normal but is doing good. They did find a few more things to add to our little guys list. His spine has a little twist at the bottom, like a bit of scoliosis (spelling?) and because of that it is also shifting his hips a bit and that is why the little kidney is out of place. They did catagorise his Omphalocele as large so he will need multiple surgerys to put it back. They did say that only part of his liver was on the outside and that the rest is intestines. His little bladder is also a little smaller than normal and they found a pocket of fluid next to it as well. They said that he would also need this repaired too. His little "boy part" is malformed due to the Omphalocele laying on top of it when it was forming. They couldn't see the whole thing and said we would just have to wait till he gets here for that as well. The dr. that did the ultra sound said that I should go to Johns Hopkins Hospital to deliver this sweet angel. This hospital is in Baltimore a bit over an hour away. So I am now in the process of contacting them as well as the Childrens National Hospital here in DC to see where I should go and get things figured out. Once he gets here they said he could be in the NICU as long a year, but every case is different. He is still such an active little guy and his heart still looks great! We both keep growing and await the day till we get to see each other face to face. Thanks again for all the continued support, we love you all more than you know:)

14 comments:

Valerie said...

I am glad that you have such great hospitals around you. I am sure this will be a great blessing in the months to come. Again you are in our prayers.

Deanne said...

We'll continue to keep you in our prayers...

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

You are a trooper! I can't even imagine how hard each doctors appt. would be for you. You are such an optimist. We love you guys and we will keep praying for you.
Love Lincoln's pedicure. :) Addie painted my hands the other day and would not let me take it off.

Alyson said...

what a cute belly! I bet lincoln is going to love those pictures of his toes in about 10 years.

RSP said...

Linz, that sounds really hopeful! I am so glad that things are looking a little better as this boy grows! I am really sad that you had to miss your brothers wedding. I know how close you guys are and that must have been hard for you. Let me know if you need anything!

Mimi said...

You have a very cute belly! I hope all goes well and this little guy can be taken care of in all the ways that he needs once he arrives - I know he'll get all the love he needs. I pray that he isn't in the NICU for so long - how hard to be away from your baby! Love to hear your optimistic updates. You are still in our prayers.

jellington614 said...

I am sitting here crying my eyes out. It makes me want to hug my healthy boy a little bit extra today. You guys are amazing! I couldn't even imagine having to go through this. Stay strong and we will keep praying for you! If you need help or a visitor let me know, I would be there in a heart beat.

Unknown said...

you look so good! I am glad that you updated and things seem to keep getting better. Love you

Elise said...

I am glad that there has been good news and that you guys have such a positive attitude. You look so good! I only wish I looked that cute pregnant!

Jake & Candice Root said...

We love you! You look great & we will keep you all in our prayers.

The Pack's said...

Wow! I am so inspired by your optimism. I can only imagine how overwhelming this all must be for you and your family at this time in your life. You are truly amazing. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Widdisons said...

We are Glad that you have this blog so we can keep up on everything that is happening even if we don't get to talk as much as we used to. We are thinking of you guys a lot and you are in our prayers too.

We are looking forward to hiking the narrows!!!

Britanie said...

Linzie and Jared you guys are amazing! Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you prepare to bring this little guy into the world. My sister Bri is back there near D.C. and would be more than happy to help with the kids if you need. Please let me know!

i'm h.mac said...

i just got so teary reading your post! sometimes i get so frustrated with motherhood and wonder how i could ever have another one and your sweet words about your baby help me get my attitude in check! your guys are in our thoughts and prayers