Saturday, September 6, 2008

Baby Update And Some Extras

Well I still do not have to results from the amnio back yet, but I did go to the pediatric cardiologist yesterday to get his little heart looked at. With Omphalocele it is very very common to have heart defects such as holes in their hearts plus other things. I was very nervouse that morning and thankgoodness my mom was still here with me. The appointment was an hour long and the Dr. was so kind and funny. He told me our little guy had beaten the odds and his heart looks perfect!!!! I wanted to just start crying! He does want me to come back in 6 weeks to do a follow up because he did say that there is still a chance that he could have a small hole that he missed because his little heart is still pretty small. But he said any findings from here on out, as far as the heart goes, are just minor and can be fixed!
I have another ultra sound this coming Thursday to check on his little kidney and to go over his whole body just to make sure everything is there and working ok.
I just want to say thank you for all of your prayers for us and the baby, please keep it up because I know that they are heard. Pray that this Thursday goes as well as yesterdays ultra sound and his one kidney will work just fine for him.

Ok, now for the rest of the fam update! Jared has started his OB rotation and was thrown right into it! His first day he had to scrub in on a delivery of this poor girl who was too far along for any pain meds. Jared came home and said he hopes that never happens to me so it must have not been too pretty. He has been leaving here by 4 a.m. and getting home around 8 p.m. He is so tired and I feel so bad for him. He has this weekend off and better hours next week so thank goodness for that. Lincoln is on his way to being potty trained!!!! keep your fingers crossed that that job will be done by the time the baby gets here:) Avery has started preschool and LOVES it!! She is soooo cute and has so much fun with her friends. My mom was packing last night to go home and Avery brought in her beloved doll Polish and gave it to my mom and then told her, "Here Nana, this is so you don't forget me." Of course both my mom and I started crying. Avery has a heart of gold! I am doing fine, my belly hurts most of the time but my dr. said this is normal with my pregnancy and everything. I started taking Iron and I finally have a bit more energy which is welcome with open arms at this point! Things are looking pretty normal on the outside! Ill post a belly shot later today if I can get Jared out of bed to take one:)

8 comments:

RSP said...

I am so glad that the baby's heart is good! That is great news!

Sounds like Jared is on his way to being exhausted for the next 4+ years. What a trooper!

I am also extremely excited the the name "Polish" stuck. It just makes me smile every time I hear about her. I just love it when Avery makes up stuff like that. SO cute.

DaveandAnnie said...

That's great news! What a blessing and a relief! Hopefully everything else keeps going that way. We'll be praying for you.

Elise said...

You have been on my mind ever since I read about your little guy. I am glad to hear an update. Hang in there. I can't imagine how hard it is having Jared in school while all of this has been going on. You are in my prayers.

Deanne said...

Great news! We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Avery is so cute! We'll miss you guys this year in preschool. Sophie still talks about Avery!

Valerie said...

I am glad to hear you have had some good news. I hope things work out. You are in our prayers.

Jake & Candice Root said...

Oh, Linz...we are so glad to hear that the baby's heart looks good. What a blessing! We love you all so much and you are indeed in our prayers. We just found out this week and our hearts just broke. But you are right, the Lord has a plan for each of us, prayers are answered and miracles really do happen. We love you all! p.s. your toes look GREAT!

Littleshortstacks said...

I just saw Jared and he told me about your baby boy. I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I'm so glad your mom was able to come out and be with you. What a blessing! I'm sure you get lots of offers but if you need any help, please don't hesitate to call me. Our prayers will definitely be with you and your little baby.

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

We will keep praying for you guys!
Hey, Sean is doing his OB rotation too. He has enjoyed it for the most part, but I don't think he will choose it as a profession.