Wednesday, November 18, 2009

School Pictures

So Avery had school pictures and to say the least they did not go over very well. The morning started out with Avery wanting to wear the most mismatched outfit ever and did not want her hair combed. She changed her outfit I don't know how many times, and then finally had a very cute one on. I did her hair, much to her dismay, and told her to go and get her shoes while I packed her snack. When I came upstairs she was in her underwear sitting in her chair in her room mad as a hornet!! I was not very happy myself. So I just put on the outfit that we picked out the night before while she fought me the whole time. She wouldn't come down stairs so I had to carry her kicking and screaming the whole way. I looked at Jared and said, "You're taking her to school." Bless his heart he just nodded and did what I asked. When he got home I asked how it went, this is what he said. "She cried the whole time we were in line to go into the school and would not let go of my neck. So I carried her in while she was screaming, "I want Mommy" and all the other parents were looking at me like I was this horrible dad. When we got into the school they had to have her teacher come back and try to help me get Avery to class. Her teacher finally had to just pick her up and carry her." When I went to pick her up after school her teacher came out and said, "You might want to take advantage of retakes". We just laughed! So when I got her picture back all I could do was laugh! She didn't even take her jacket off! No, I did not get retakes. This picture is just way too funny and sums up the whole morning! Oh Avery, how I love you......most of the time ;0)

15 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Oh my gosh! I have not laughed this hard in a long time. Someday she will apologize. But I think it should go in the wedding video!

Lara said...

Thanks for an early morning laugh today!

Deanne said...

That is priceless! I'm so glad you are not getting retakes. That picture totally captures your story!

At times like those, don't you wonder what the teenage years are going to be like?!

Thanks for the chuckle. =)

Rachey said...

That is hilarious, thanks for sharing!

RSP said...

Oh my. Love her and her dramas! Glad you guys cope so well! haha

Unknown said...

Oh you are in for a looooong road Linz! Good luck!!

Emily said...

awesome!

Shea said...

That is hilarious!! No on the retakes great memory!! We all have bad days sometimes we think it is just us glad to know you do as well! Love and miss you

DaveandAnnie said...

That was awesome!!! Stubborn girl. I love it and I want one. HAHAHAH!!!

burton family said...

That is sooooo funny...maybe not for you and Jared that morning but, I'm laughing. Cute Av.

bentanelle said...

Oh, that is SO FUNNY! Girls.. can't live with them and can't live without them!

Jake & Candice Root said...

Ha ha ha! All I can do is laugh! It will be even funnier when she's older! Ha ha

sloan said...

HA HA HA I love this... its going to be the best in years to come and when you tell the story to her husband... LOVE IT

Esseltine Family said...

I laughed out loud. Even after hearing you tell me about it-- a picture is worth a thousand words!!! Too priceless!!!

Julie said...

This is the funniest post I have read in a long time. I had to go get Glenn and have him read it too. We both had a good laugh. It makes me feel like we're not the only ones with occasional meltdowns right at the most inopportune moments!