Thursday, August 4, 2011

April 2011

I was asking some friends here in Texas if there are any orchards that let you pick your own fruit. In Virginia we had one that we LOVED and would go to for apples and blueberries and it was a favorite tradition of ours. There was one here in Texas and I was sooo excited! So the morning of April 2nd I packed a lunch and Jared and I loaded up the kids and drove 45 min. West to Marburger Orchard!
When we pulled up the scenery was honestly beautiful! The kids were so excited. We headed over to get our box and a lesson on how to pick a strawberry. I personally didn't know there was wrong way, but there is. In Texas the soil is basically lime stone and NOTHING grows in it. They have brought in their own top soil and have covered it with a thick black plastic to keep it put. It was the cleanest strawberry patch I had ever seen. We headed off down to the Orchard toward the strawberries. Poor Liam fell one some rocks and hurt his knee :( So he spent most of the time in the stroller because it hurt to walk, poor thing. Rest assured he was better by the end.





I think the boys ate more than they picked! I don't what I was thinking when I dressed both boys in WHITE shirts?! Oh well, it was well worth the red strawberry stains♥ We had such a fun time and we can't wait to go back this fall!













Since it was Conference weekend I went to snickerdoodle and printed out their conference packets for the kids. They are wonderful! It helps the kids get into Conference as well. Just look at Liam, he is captivated by President Uchtdorf! He was so curious. We don't have cable or an antenna so thank goodness for live streaming! One of my favorite conference memories was Jared and I's first conference together. We went up to his parents house and their tradition is that there dad makes the best omelets ever, and his mom makes all the sides! I loved it♥ Hopefully my kids will love these memories too!








Lincoln's preschool had a field trip to this lady's farm. There were so many different animals,plus a pond full of tadpoles with frog legs! There was this bucket that she had put little chicks in so the kids could hold them. Honestly Linc came to me 3 or 4 different times ASKING me to take his picture with the chick. It was priceless! He loved that things. We brought lunch and laid out a blanket and sat with friends. Liam's face was so funny while he was eating his strawberries, I had to take a photo.




So while I was taking Linc's picture with the chick, Liam had run off to the llamas and cows. He loved them! So I told Linc where I was and headed off to the "yamas and tows". All the animals thought Liam had food because he was taught to hold his hand out. At least all the llamas walked over to him and he was in heaven! Looking through the fence just wasn't good enough for him so he decided to SCALE THE FENCE!!!! I was shocked as I had no idea he could do that!








That boy amazes me! We had so much fun on the field trip and Linc didn't want to leave that chick, so we were the last ones to leave but Linc got his fill♥

Just playing in the backyard!








I got a flyer in the mail for an Easter egg hunt in Leon Springs, which is about 5 min. from us. A local Church was putting it on and it was offering huge egg hunts, free games, lunch, and treats. How can you turn that down?! So since Jared and Rob were working, val and I loaded up all 5 kids in the van and headed off to the egg hunt. The kids LOVED it! They did a wonderful job on all the fun games and all the treats and food you could eat! Finally they announced for ages up to 2 years old, Liam was ready! He was so cute with this little girl in the blue dress. They both went for the same egg so Liam picked it up and put it in her basket. So she picked up the orange one next to it and put it in his♥ We could learn a lot from 2 year olds.






While we waited for them to set the eggs up again for the older kids we decided to play a few games and get some treats. Avery was dying for some cotton candy, my personal favorite, so off we went. Ave was in heaven and Liam decided he LOVED the cotton candy, just not the stickyness of it. Linc wanted a snow cone, but the line was soo long and they called the older kids over for the next hunt. He was not too happy about that and wouldn't let me take anymore pictures of him, little stinker.




We went over to the egg hunt and Linc tripped on the curb, darn it. Well that was it for him. Between that and the no snow cone he started to cry and wouldn't hunt any eggs, he just stood there. I tried to get some pic's of Ave but she was out of here and the crowd was too large and crazy to follow her. She came back with a huge basket full! She gave Linc half, such a good kid. You can see the tears in his eyes in the close up picture. Yes, we went right to the snow cones and all was right again.








The next day was Easter Sunday, so we colored our eggs! This was Liam's first adventure in this fine art of egg coloring, and I have to say he is a fan! I don't know too many kids that don't like to color eggs.









Happy Easter!




It was time for the kids to change their clothes and get ready for the Easter Bunny! In this first photo you will notice Avery's keen sense of fashion, worthy of any GQ magazine. It comes complete with the shirt on backwards. Love her!
First their Easter Baskets full of fun stuff, then the egg hunt is on!





Liam found maybe 2 or 3 eggs and then went under the tramp to eat them! He kept watching Ave and Linc as he shoved his candy in his mouth as fast as he could in fear of it being taken away, too funny!











April was great! We had so much fun whenever we could fit it in♥

2 comments:

Mike said...

I love that you got to do your egg hunt outside! Your kids are getting so grown up.

Trevor Unck said...

WOW, let Jared know he can take off his pure white tights! The sun is our friend..