Sunday, August 7, 2011

May 2011

May came and went before I could blink! Summer is coming and we couldn't be happier. It's been in the 80's and I LOVE it!! I was definitely made for the heat. A women Jared works with, whom is the sweetest thing ever, had a huge birthday party for her little girl. She turned 3 and was adorable! She only spoke Spanish so we really couldn't talk to her much, but her mom translated for us. Her party was at this Ranch that they use for old western movie sets. It was actually way cool. Our friends Rob and Val and Val's sister and Brother in law also came with us. They had so much BBQ to eat and coolers full of drinks. Linc had like 4 Dr. Peppers and I couldn't keep Liam out of the ice.




The kids got to get their picture taken on the bull. Liam kept petting it and saying, "good boy". It was too funny. I think he would have taken it home had we let him. I know I know, we are no fun ;0)






The party was Hello Kitty and they had the BIGGEST pinata I had ever seen. She said she had it made just over the border and was only like $20! The kids had so much fun and Linc ended up being the one to whack it's head off, that's my boy! I didn't get any pictures of him because Liam kept trying to run to him and I thought he was going to get smacked with the stick, not good.





We went for a wagon ride to see all the animals. They were huge and came right up to the wagon, way cool.




We had such a great time and were all exhausted by the end of the day. Thanks Mowdy for the invite♥

On the 13th my little Avery was Knighted at school. It's a big honor to be knighted and they have a huge ceremony in front of the whole school. It's held once a month and only 1 child per class is awarded each month, so only 9 in Ave's class. I was sent the email about 2 weeks before and was told not to say anything to Ave. So the boys and I went to the school and waited with all the other parents in the back room. When it was her turn they had us walk out on stage as they called her name. She was so shocked and so excited! I loved being there able to see her walk down the middle of the crown up onto the stage. She was awarded with integrity and honesty and always willing to help. I am sooo very proud of her! She said she wore her medal all day!



Ahh the primary talent show. Full of artists, musicians, singers, bug collectors and more. The kids are honestly so cute and so excited to share their tenant. Linc had to dance with the kids his age group and he was not excited about this at all! He pretty much moved a little and stood there a lot. Oh well, he lived! Liam kept walking over to see Ave and Linc, then he laid on the floor a little, climbed on the chairs, was just being a cute little 2 year old! Jared was working, of course, so I didn't get any photos when it was Linc's turn as I had to help him. His talent was riding his bike without training wheels!!!!!! He did an awesome job!! Then it was Miss Avery's turn, her talent was jump roping. She had been practicing for weeks, so cute. When they told her to go she started jumping rope like mach 5!!! She was going so fast and concentrating so very hard that she didn't even hear the music stop! It was awesome!!! I was so proud of them for getting up in front of all those parents and peers. Way to go loves!





On May 26th Lincoln graduated from Preschool!! Jared only had one weekday off that whole month and we lucked out that it was this day! Lincoln was so excited! They looked so cute in their little graduation caps. They had them all walk through the isles so we could see them.


They they called them up by class, one by one. Honestly it took forever. So all these kids went up and hugged Miss Kim their director and smiled all pretty for the camera. Then it was Linc's turn. This is what I got....

I wouldn't have it any other way♥ I love you my Lincoln!

Afterward we went back to his classroom, said thank you to his sweet teacher Miss Betty, played on the playground for a min. and then headed home to get Ave from the bus stop. I can't believe my little boy will be a kindergartner!




Another very important thing happened this month, Sea Worlds water park opened up!!!!







May was full of end of the school year fun and hello summer stuff! Now it's time to drive to Utah and spend a month with family!

0 comments: