Thursday, March 18, 2010

Match Day!!!!!!!!!

Today is Match day. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's where all the fourth year medical students get together and open up their envelopes to see where they will be training for the next four years. It was crazy!!! Hundreds of people were there, champaign toasts, laughing, and the bright flashes of cameras were everywhere. The kids sat patiently waiting for our envelope.




Finally we all got our envelopes, the room was buzzing with anticipation. One minute to go...........30 seconds to go........finally they announced "Open those envelopes!! All that could be heard was the clean tear of paper!



After that there were two sounds that could be heard, either the excited screaming of "happy matchers" or the terrified shrieks of not so "happy matchers"". I am excited to say that our screams were of pure joy!!!!! We got our #1!!



Yes, San Antonio here we come!!!!!!! Good bye crazy snowpocalypse days in DC, Good bye nasty traffic, and good bye crazy high cost of living!!!!! Hello palm trees and heat!!! Don't get me wrong there is a very long list of things I will miss here in Virgina. After the match they had a BBQ. It was nice to sit with most of our great friends and chat while our kids ran anround the table!



It has been a long afternoon and we are all ready to jump into the "Bat mobile" and cruise home for a nap!

13 comments:

Lyssa said...

Yay! We are so excited for you guys! We're going to miss you!
I love how Lincoln wore his batman cape :)

Catherine said...

You did a good job of building up the anticipation, I was feeling nervous and only had to scroll down the screen to find the answer. How exciting that you got your first pick! Congrats! I hope you enjoy warm sun in Texas!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

We are pretty much switching places. Congrats!!!

Valerie said...

Yeah for you guys!!! I am have heard so many wonderful things about San Antonio. I am sure you will love it. Plus is it is closer to Utah which is always a good thing :-)

burton family said...

I'm so excited for you guys. The adventures just keep getting better. You are going to love that Val and Rob are in the same place as you, it will make the transition (for the women at least) SO MUCH EASIER!
Congrats! Good job Jared

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

What an exciting day all in a little envelope! How exciting! I'm glad you are "happy matchers"
Congrats!

RSP said...

WOOHOO! Don't mess with Texas!

alexandra said...

Congrats on getting your first choice!

I was born and raised in Texas. Though Jeff would never even think of letting us live there, it will always have a place in my heart.

San Antonio is really pretty and I really don't think it gets that much hotter/muggier than we get here (though I might have forgotten because it's been so long since we've been there!).

Enjoy the next four years! We'll certainly miss you here.

Deanne said...

Yay! Congrats!!! But we'll miss you around here...we may just have to come down your way for a visit sometime. =)

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

We are so excited for you!!! Congrats!

bentanelle said...

oh Congratulations! I am so glad the wait is over for you, I hear San Antonio is a great place to live.. we might have to visit!! I also thought the order of pictures was great!

Littleshortstacks said...

congrats you guys, that's absolutely fantastic!

Ashby said...

We are so thrilled for you guys, and I know Stacey is excited to have more friends in San Antonio to visit! Congratulations to you guys!!!!