Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My First Dress

So I LOVE to sew and am teaching myself with the help of all my relatives that sew too! I have been wanting to make a dress for Ave since that is the only thing that she will wear. Oh and it has to be "fluffy" according to Ave! I have decided that that means that it has to twirl. I found this way cute corduroy fabric and an easy pattern to begin with. My only worry was the zipper up the back. My mother in law helped me pin the pattern to the fabric while she was here and taught me a few more tricks. I worked on it when the kids were asleep or when Liam was napping, Ave was at school, and Linc would play the wii. I finally finished it and I think it turned out way cute!!! Thank goodness Avery Loves it and wants to wear it all the time. I had some scraps left over so I made her a cute clip to match! Hmmmm what to make next????

Avery is holding her Valentine bag that she made at school. She was so excited to show me all her Valentine's! I love this girl!!

1 comments:

Deanne said...

I'm with you on the sewing. Lately I've been loving it. I just finished a skirt for Sophie (not nearly as complicated as your dress, but I surprised myself by making it - I'm a novice sewer). I'm having fun trying to figure out what I should sew next.

Great job on the dress and matching bow. They are adorable!