Tuesday, May 11, 2010

April Is Over????

April went by WAY too fast for me! Probably because we did soooo much and had so much fun. My mom and brother were able to come out and stay for a bit. It had been 2 1/2 years since I had seen my brother and we vowed never to wait that long again! I missed him oh so much, he is an AMAZING man and the kids just LOVE him to death!!! If you couldn't find Linc, just find Uncle T and you will find Linc :0)

So the first morning I couldn't find Lincoln anywhere! I asked T if he knew where he was and he said ya he is up doing his hair. So he had been "missing" for about 10 min. by now and Lincoln never does his hair so I was pretty interested to see the end result of this. Soon he came down and was proud as a Peacock at his "rock star" hair do! We all told him it was AWESOME and then took some pictures. There was sooo much gel in it that I was afraid to touch it in fear of being stabbed! Yes, I let him wear it all day out and about DC. If he loved it that much, then so do I!




We went to the zoo the first day since Ave had school till 3. After walking through the zoo and only seeing the Prairie Dog's and Turtles we decided that going to the zoo in the evening is NOT a good time to see the animals. But we still had some fun!







We had lunch and the kids ate their cookies while we were walking to see if we could find more animals. We were looking for the Lion's when we realized that Lincoln was gone. All we found were piece's of Oreo cookies on the ground. All the frosting had been licked off so I knew they were his. We followed them and sure enough they led us to Linc, enjoying his Oreo's by the Prairie Dog's.





I had gotten these gummy butterfly's that the kid's loved. They were actually way good. Anyway Liam would drop his and we would have to pick it up and give it to him or give him another one. There was one gummy that we could not find anywhere! We looked all over because we didn't want it to be on the ground and have one of the animals eat it and get sick. Anyway we did find it! Can you see it? ;0) We laughed forever about that!



The next day we took the Metro into the city and had a picnic in the middle of the National Mall, I am going to miss this! It was such a nice day with just the right amount of wind!!! The kids had so much fun playing in the sheet when we were done.







We tried to see as much as we could. We hit up the Air and Space museum, Natural History, Art (where we saw a Da Vinci), American History, the Archives (Declaration of Independence, White House, Washington Monument, Vietnam Memorial, World War 2, and the Korean War Memorial! Yes, we were dead by the time we got home that night!!!







We looked up my AMAZING Grandfather's name at the World War 2 Memorial. I am so proud to be his granddaughter, I love you Grandpa!!!




More pic's. If you look to the right of the flag on the White House you can see the sniper!






The next day T had to go :( He thought he had his flight for Sunday, but booked it for Saturday. So we FLEW to the Lincoln Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, and Iwa Jima.






We made it to Arlington Cemetery just in time to see the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. That never gets old and I am always amazed with those Soldiers.










There are still about a million other things that we did that I just don't have time to blog about, but you get the gist! We had an AMAZING visit and can't wait till we all meet again!!!

1 comments:

Momma Nielson said...

Linzie, you guys are the cutest family. I am so glad you blog so I can keep watching your adorable kids grow up. --Linda