Tuesday, September 13, 2011

August 2011

August was HOT to say the least! We have been having record breaking high's and absolutely NO rain. Not a good combination. So we pretty much just stay inside or go to the pool or Sea World's water park. Jared has been working a ton and is on call at least 7 nights a month, which means he goes in around 5 a.m. and comes home around 7:45 a.m. the next morning with little to no sleep. Not fun! But we are getting there! Some of friends were going on vacation for about 3 weeks and so we watched their dog for them. The kids love wriggley, but we all decided we were not ready for a dog yet! Liam did enjoy his kennel though.



I pulled the warm laundry from the dryer and Liam wanted me to wrap him up in Lincolns bottom sheet. He just laid there all snuggley and warm, he is such a doll!


August 3rd rolled around which was Jared and I's 9th Anniversary! We went all out and took the kids to Chick fil A! They LOVE to play in the play area and then Jared and I can actually talk for a bit while they play. We always have fun no matter where we go. Later that night our neighbor watched the kids for a bit while Jared and I went out for Indian food. I can't believe it has been 9 years and 3 kids later already. I love him oh so much more with every passing year♥








Another little girl, Jessie, Avery's age moved in 5 houses up from us. Avery is so happy to have a friend that close. The girls have been going for walks with Jessie's mom and their two dogs next to our neighborhood in the "wooded" area. They made a fort so we walked up to check it out. Liam is in love with Snickers or "Nickers" as he calls her.





What better way to beat the heat than with Blue Bells Pistachio Almond ice cream!






Later in the month my mom flew in to be with the kids on their first day of school. She is so much fun and we all love it when she comes into town. So my little Avery has been wanting a cat for a VERY long time now and we are just not getting one any time soon, sooo my mom just got a kitten and thought it would be fun to bring Bandit with her. Honestly this cat was CRAZY!!! He was all over the place and all we did was laugh and laugh because he was so crazy. The kids fell in love right off the bat and Ave brought down her little toy dog carrier for the cat. It was so cute, she set it down right next to my moms and the cat jumped right in and started going crazy by flipping all over the place and attacking anything that moved. Avery was so excited that she decided to dress the cat up to match the carrier! Did the cat mind you ask? Not at all!!!

Thank you Liam for letting us all know that Bandit is a boy :0)
This moment was when I was REALLY happy that my mom brought her cat!
On the 22nd it was time to go back to school. Jared also started his week vacation and it was sooo nice having him home. He has never been able to take the kids to their first day of school before. School starts so early here, we have to wake up at 6:15 so we have enough time to get up and ready. Avery woke right up, she had picked out her outfit the night before and was SO excited. Lincoln did not want to get up, nothing out of the norm for him, but he was pretty excited as soon as he got up and dressed. I got their backpacks all ready with their lunches and it was time for some pictures since it was almost time to head out. That's when things took a bit of a turn. Avery went right out and posed for me! I couldn't find Linc anywhere!! Finally found him hiding on the side of the house with a not so happy look on his face. Jared had to get him and put him in the van for me or else we were going to be late.
Once we got there Ave jumped right out, Linc did not.
We first went to the kindergarten hall. It was insane with all the parents and I could see this was going to take forever. Kids were crying, parents were crying, teachers were going crazy. So I my mom and I took Ave to her class. It was so nice and quite. The teacher had a word search waiting for the kids on their desk and they were all quietly sitting and doing their work. My little Missy, oh how I love her and I can't believe she is in 2nd grade!
When we got back to Linc's class we found him sitting at his desk putting puzzles together. At least he wasn't crying, but he wouldn't look or talk to us. Poor kid was so scared. Liam on the other hand pulled up a chair next to him and started putting that puzzle together while he had a one sided chat with Linc. He was having a great time in Kindergarten and didn't want to leave. He makes me laugh!
The final bell rang and it was time to say goodbye. Lincoln still wouldn't look or talk to us so we gave him a hug and told him we would be waiting at the bus stop for him. It was so weird to go home to a quit house. As we were getting Liam ready for the day we were emptying his colostomy bag like usual and Bandit had to see what was going on. Liam wasn't too sure about this, especially when the cat saw his bag move and decided it was toy and wanted it!
We ran errands, went to lunch, walked through some model homes looking for paint ideas. I must say that it was so easy to only have one kid, but I was ready for them to come home by 3:00. We walked up to the bus stop and waited. I was hoping Avery and Lincoln had a great first day. The bus finally came up the street and I searched through the windows to see if I could spot them. Sure enough they were together waiving back at us! They both bolted off the bus with big smiles and lots to say about their first day! I miss them so much while they are at school, but know they are learning so many things. Liam and I play everyday and wait for the time to come when we can go and get Ave and Linc from the bus. I asked them what their favorite thing of the day was and Avery said playing outside, Lincoln said the bus ride home! Love them♥

As the week went on Avery did great and loved every minute being at school, except for the homework part. Lincoln had a hard time adjusting, poor thing. He wasn't used to being gone all day everyday, or getting up so early on a regular basis. When I asked him what I could do to make it better he told me, "Come with me".  Heaven only knows I would if I could. He had some tearful moments so we had lots of fun treats, kid days where Jared and I did nothing but dote on them, and lots of hugs and snuggles. By Friday he was doing much better and has had no issues  since Woo Hoo!!! I love you so much my Lincoln, you are growing up so fast♥ We had a GREAT August and were so excited to have Nana come and be with us, plus Jared's week off♥!

2 comments:

burton family said...

I can't believe it's only Liam at home now. It's only a matter of time now before...just say'n.

How did you guys fair with all the fires?

Lara said...

Your kids are all getting so big and grown up! I love that look on Lincoln's face as he sits at the kindergarten table. Adam gives me the same face when he's faced with new situations. Hope you're loving Texas!