Friday, September 2, 2011

July 2011

Since I took about a million and two pictures in June, I laid off a little this month. But now I am wishing I hadn't. The kids were so excited for the 4th of July! Only this year Texas was in a serous drought and in most county's fireworks were banned. You couldn't even buy them or have little sparklers. So we started off the morning with a potluck breakfast with 7 families and a load of kids. It was so much fun and the food was Delicious! There were even some fun red, white, and blue dishes. It was sooo hot that day. Jared had to go into the hospital that morning to do some pre-ops, but then he was our the rest of the time. We were able to get a family picture, but I really slacked this 4th. I didn't make any cute bows for Ave or get any of us any kind of patriotic wear at all. It was just too hot.


Later that night we went to another friends out for a BBQ. The kids ran around and played in the water and had fun. When it started to get dark I was really missing any kind of fireworks. I missed the smell, the excitement, and the smiles that they bring. I did have a few boxes of pops and thanks to my brother a TON of those glow bracelets and necklaces for the kids. We connected them together making long ropes they could swing around in the dark. My neighbor Val brought out her camera and captures some very fun pictures. We had front row seats to an amazing light show! Not the same as real fireworks, but the kids had so much fun with the glow sticks I don't think they minded.






The next day the kids wanted to make cupcakes. So we made the biggest cupcakes we could and piled tons of whipped chocolate frosting on top and we also filled them with some. They also got their choice of sprinkles. They LOVED them and pretty much licked the frosting off and were done. I love these kids.









This month has been very hot, and with NO rain everything is turning brown. It makes me miss the green of Virginia even more. So we played in the pool with friends and had fun with our goggles! With the drought we can only water our lawn once a week on our designated day after 9 p.m. The kids were sad they didn't get to jump on the tramp with the sprinkler this year. But, every day that Jared had off we would head to Sea World to their water park. Thank goodness that's there, we loved it! I didn't take my camera since it was sooo hot I thought something would happen to it. I'm going to have to get a cheap one I can take next year.




It is so nice to have friends with pools! That also saved us from the heat this summer. I bought this little tube for Liam and he actually loved it. It was so funny watching him trying to get out of though! He was so proud of himself when he finally did♥









On the 23rd Jared had a work party out at one of his attending's vacation home. It took an hour and a half to get there, but when we finally did the kids had so much fun. I didn't bring their swimsuits, but that didn't stop them from swimming in the water hole! Our neighbor Rob pushed the girls on the boat, he is such a good sport. Jared and Linc also loved the boat.





Liam wanted "Thomas" to be painted on his face, the only thing was his face was too little♥ Diane ended up doing it free hand and he was so excited about it! He is such a doll baby♥






I would have to say that Liam's favorite thing was the zip line. As soon as he would get to the end he would turn to Jared and say, "Again"!






Ave and Linc floated out to the center on their tubes and I had to send our friend Scott out after them and bring them to the side.


So this "water hole" was so slippery to get out of. The kids and adults would slide down it and see how far they could make it before they fell. Ave and Linc loved it! And tried countless times to slide as far as they could.





We had Fantastic BBQ and were all exhausted by the time we made it home. We had a great time!
July was awesome! Looking forward to August :D

1 comments:

Lyssa said...

I'm so glad you and Val are neighbors and get to do so many fun things together! We miss getting together with everyone. I'm so glad Tyson and Alyson are here and even though we don't get to be neighbors we still get toegther a lot. Hopefully when we are all done we can do a big trip together.