Monday, September 13, 2010

Avery's First Day Of First Grade!!!

As you all know we are now living in Boerne Texas (just outside San Antonio), where you could honestly fry an egg on your head at any time of the day!!! It is soooooo hot here!!!! Avery started school two weeks after we got here and was so nervous. She had her outfit all picked out and was ready to go. We went to back to school morning and met her teacher, who is the sweetest thing ever, so she would hopefully not be quit so nervous that first day. It didn't work! The boys and I all walked Ave to her class and then to her desk where I had to pry her hand off of mine when the morning announcements started. I hated leaving her there looking so scared and lost, but I knew she would have a good day and love it. By the end of the day we were waiting for her to come out. Sure enough she had a huge smile on her face and was jumping up and down telling me how much she loved it and she made a new friend! I love that she loves it, just not that we have to get up at 6:30 to get ready and get to school by 7:30!!!! I'm learning to be a morning person, and so is Ave.





3 comments:

burton family said...

I'm sure it feels good to be with Jared again and start to get settled. How are you liking your new place? I can't believe how old your kids are getting!

Lara said...

Your kids are all so cute. :)

Deanne said...

That is so early for elementary to start! What time is she done in the afternoon?